PMC MBBS & BDS Private Colleges Admissions 2023 – AdmissionPK

PMC MBBS & BDS Private Colleges Admissions 2023

Pakistan Medical Commission will be inviting applications on a national level from students seeking admission to private medical and dental colleges immediately after the announcement of the MDCAT result. The portal will be accessible through Pakistan Medical Commission’s official website. The portal shall till January 2023 from  December 2023. Only Applications submit online through the portal will be entertained for admissions. Applications received by mail or in person will not be accepted. All affiliated constituent and administered colleges of NUMS and Agha Khan University will not be the part of the admissions portal. Any student seeking to apply to the said colleges shall be required to apply directly to the relevant University.

MBBS & BDS Private Colleges Admissions 2023

Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) Eligibility Criteria

There is the eligibility criterion that is announced by the Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) for the students who want to get admission in any private medical and dental college. That eligibility criterion is mandatory to fulfill for all the students.

  • Minimum 65% or above marks in FSC/ HSSC or in A-level equivalent IBCC certificate.
  • 60% or above in MDCAT or SAT II (SATII is for foreign students only).
  • In case of SAT II, 60% or above in each subject is mandatory for every student wanted to apply.

If any student do not meet the eligibility requirements, then he/ she will not be able to submit your applications, Admissions of a foreign students shall be strictly on the basis of merit and no exception or special quota shall be created for foreign students.

MDCAT Exemption Criteria for foreign Students for 2023

In order to qualify for admission for 2023 session only, SAT II results can be used instead of the MDCAT by students who have completed their HSSC program OR 12 years of high school education from outside Pakistan. Less than 480 in any SAT II subject would make the application ineligible for admission. Weightage of different subject result in SAT II would be taken into consideration as follow.

  • Biology: 40%
  • Chemistry: 35%
  • Physics/ Mathematics: 25%

Due to Covid-19 pandemic, SAT II has not been conducted universally in 2023. Therefore, English shall be an exempted submits to those who have completed their HSSC/ High School program from an institute/ country where the medium of teaching is English.

Documents Required to Submit Application

  • Picture
  • CNIC/ Passport
  • FSC/ HSSC/ A-level equivalence document
  • SAT II Documents (if Applying on the basis of SAT II)

Students are select as many colleges as they want for admissions. The minimum requirement is at least one college from either MBBS or BDS program.

Merit Generation Criteria

  • FSC/ A-levels IBCC equivalence certificate: 30%
  • MDCAT/ SAT II: 50%
  • Interview: 20% (to be conducted by the collage)

At the end of the applications process, Merit will be generated out of 80% as prescribed above. The remaining 20% will be decided by the collages as part of the interview. The college shall add the score of the interview and consolidate with the MDCAT/ FSC based Merit aggregate of the student issued by PMC. The college shall finalize the total aggregate out of 100% for final merit of the students. PMC shall issue the Merit list for each college on  January 2023.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *